The Data Engineer is responsible for the overall network health of the platforms in each of the data centers. This includes confirming that full connectivity is possible to all products, and that new products can be added onto the platform when needed. This position also requires in depth knowledge to ensure other engineers have a technical resource that can assist with more complex issues as they arise. And we expect our Data Engineer to provide network consultancy for our Clients regarding the integration of the services.
Our customer is one of the world’s fastest growing cloud strategy companies, offers best-of-breed cloud solutions to more than 1,500 companies around the world and to more than 350,000 users. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on this company for customized strategies to migrate multiple integrated solutions to a single, unified platform, including; Disaster Recovery, Contact Center/Call Center, VoIP telephone systems / Unified Communications, Virtual Desktops, IaaS and more. They have over 300 employees worldwide, 60 of whom work at the European headquarters in Rotterdam.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Monitoring of our data network and performing Preventative Maintenance;
- Managing the tactical and operational activities of our network infrastructure;
- Provisioning updates and patches, structural maintenance and Deploy Patches to systems and hardware;
- Write technical documentation such as changes and problems;
- Support of internal/external Clients;
- Network consultancy, internally and externally;
- Training and mentoring other engineers and support personnel;
- Assist in designing and developing plans to allow for new and/or existing products to be added to platforms;
- Maintaining the relationship of their suppliers on a tactical and operational level;
- Training of new products and practices;
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
- 4-5 years’ industry experience;
- Possess a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical fields or equivalent experience;
- Associated level Cisco Certification with at least the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching;
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP;
- Preferred experience with SIP;
- Preferred experience with JunOS;
- Preferred experience with BGP;
- Understanding of and experience with load balancing;
- Experience with firewalls (Fortigate and/or Cisco ASA is a plus);
- Driver’s license;
- Basic understanding of Windows Server and Linux;
- Knowledge of packet captures and associated network monitoring tools;
- High level EQ (Emotional Intelligence);
- Ability to work under pressure during outage situations;
- Good oral and written skills, both in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Problem Solving;
- Oral Communication;
- Written Communication;
- Team player.
15 april 2020
Neem contact op met de persoon hiernaast. Vul de velden in, of bel 085-8770636, of mail naar firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account manager / recruiter